eagles of virtue
CMIS Primary Counseling and Social-Emotional Education
If you are interested in learning more about the primary school counseling program at CMIS, you have come to the right place!
Though not always thought of as a regular academic subject or domain, mainstream research on education suggests that social-emotional development is centrally vital to a child's overall learning experience. Therefore, building positive character and strengthening non-cognitive skills (behavior, attitude, self-control, etc.) will help students find success both in and out of the classroom!
On this site, you will have access to:
- A blog that covers counselor classroom topics and discussion questions for parents and their children
- An in-depth look at the role of the school counselor and services offered
- Links to resources and forms for parents
- Samples of student work
- Suggested reading selections from the CMIS Library
- Photos from the monthly assemblies
- ...and more!
STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES!
"When little people are overwhelmed by big emotions, it's our job to share our calm, not join their chaos."