eagles of virtue
CMIS Primary Counseling and Social-Emotional Education
If you are interested in learning more about the primary school counseling program at CMIS, you have come to the right place!
Though not always thought of as a regular academic subject or domain, mainstream research on education suggests that social-emotional development is centrally vital to a child's overall learning experience. Therefore, building positive character and strengthening non-cognitive skills (behavior, attitude, self-control, etc.) will help students find success both in and out of the classroom!
On this site, you will have access to:
- A blog that covers counselor classroom topics and discussion questions for parents and their children
- An in-depth look at the role of the school counselor and services offered
- Links to resources and forms for parents
- Samples of student work
- Suggested reading selections from the CMIS Library
- Photos from the monthly assemblies
To navigate the website, please refer to the tabs at the top. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me.
Nathan Tipton, CMIS Primary School Counselor
"When little people are overwhelmed by big emotions, it's our job to share our calm, not join their chaos."